Parents and Skaters,
We hope you are all well, healthy and safe. We have certainly missed seeing your smiling faces over the course of the past few months. We are happy to announce that we will be resuming Learn-To-Skate classes on Friday July 10.
Of course, we are still in the midst of navigating the COVID-19 pandemic as a community and as individuals, so we have implemented the following guidelines to help you navigate the policies and procedures that have been set forth by our local health department, state health department, as well as U.S. Figure Skating and Learn-To-Skate USA,
SUMMER LEARN-TO-SKATE CLASS SCHEDULE:
Fridays – July 10 through August 14 (6 week session)
5–5:30pm – Snowplow 2, Snowplow 3, Snowplow 4, Basic 2
5:30–6pm – Basic 3, Basic 4, Basic 5, Basic 6
6-6:30pm – Pre-Free Skate, Free Skate 1/2, Free Skate 3/4, Free Skate 5/6
Saturdays – July 11 – August 15 (6 week session)
10 – 11am – Power + Edge Class (*Skaters must have passed Pre Free-Skate or higher)
Here is what you need to know about our return-to-the-ice policies for July/August:
Effective July 1, 2020 (until further notice)
CLASS REGISTRATION AND GENERAL CLASS INFORMATION:
- All participants must be pre-registered for class (no walk-up registrations on the day of class). Please consider using our online registration, which can be found on our website.
- Unfortunately, we are NOT able to offer beginner classes for the summer session (Snowplow 1 and Basic 1) In order to reduce the need for contact between instructors/skaters, all participants must be able to skate and get up off the ice without assistance.
- Friday classes (Snowplow Basic, and Free Skate) will be limited to 6 skaters per class. Saturday’s class (Power + Edges) will be limited to 15 skaters. Registration will be first-come, first-served.
INSIDE THE RECREATION CENTER:
- ONE parent will be allowed to accompany each skater to the rink. All skaters are encouraged to come to the rink fully dressed to skate. Jackets, long pants, gloves (and helmets for Snowplow skaters). Per facility guidelines, please do not bring other children to the rink if they are not taking part in a class.
- If a skater needs rental skates, please indicate what size skates your child will need at the time of registration. Our staff will have them ready at the skate rental counter with the skater’s name. One you are finished with class, please leave the skates where you picked them up and a member of our staff will be able to clean them and put them back.
- Our instructors and building staff will be wearing masks for your safety. Skaters are not required to wear masks. Parents in the building are not required to wear masks, but are welcome to do so if they choose.
- All parents must be seated in the designated seating areas in the rink (bleachers) while classes are in session. Please do not congregate by the glass, the entry doors, or in the lobby during lesson time.
ON THE ICE:
- Only skaters who are scheduled to be on the ice for their lesson may be on the ice. Due to distancing requirements, we cannot offer practice ice on the end of the rink at this time.
- Skaters will be lined up by class level and instructor before taking the ice. We will be using only one door (the main door) to enter the ice. This door will be marked Enter Only. The door on the west side of the rink will be the Exit Only door and will be marked as such.
- Please be ON TIME! We ask that skaters arrive approximately 15 minutes before the start of class (but not earlier) to get skates on and get ready. Arriving late disrupts the entire class, especially when we have to work within the parameters of the current safety measures.
- Skaters are permitted to exit the ice to use the restrooms, if necessary, during class, but please refrain from congregating in the lobby/socializing, per facility rules.