Parents and skaters,
As we are still in the midst of navigating the COVID-19 pandemic as a community and as individuals, we have implemented the following guidelines to help you navigate the policies and procedures that have been set forth by our local health department, state health department, as well as U.S. Figure Skating and Learn-To-Skate USA,
Effective August 1, 2020 (until further notice)
CLASS REGISTRATION AND GENERAL CLASS INFORMATION:
- All participants should plan to register by using our online registration, which can be found on our website.
- Unfortunately, we are NOT able to offer beginner classes for the summer session (Snowplow 1 and Basic 1) In order to reduce the need for contact between instructors/skaters, all participants must be able to skate and get up off the ice without assistance.
- Friday classes (Snowplow Basic, and Free Skate) will be limited to 6 skaters per class.
INSIDE THE RECREATION CENTER:
- ONE parent will be allowed to accompany each skater to the rink. All skaters are encouraged to come to the rink fully dressed to skate. Jackets, long pants, gloves (and helmets for Snowplow skaters). Per facility guidelines, please do not bring other children to the rink if they are not taking part in a class.
- If a skater needs rental skates, please indicate what size skates your child will need at the time of registration. Our staff will have them ready at the skate rental counter with the skater’s name. One you are finished with class, please leave the skates where you picked them up and a member of our staff will be able to clean them and put them back.
- Our instructors and building staff will be wearing masks for your safety. Skaters are not required to wear masks. Parents in the building are required to wear face coverings as long as they are mandated by the state and/or Cuyahoga County.
- All parents must be seated in the designated seating areas in the rink (bleachers) while classes are in session. Please do not congregate by the glass, the entry doors, or in the lobby during lesson time.
ON THE ICE:
- Only skaters who are scheduled to be on the ice for their lesson may be on the ice. Due to distancing requirements, we cannot offer practice ice on the end of the rink at this time.
- Skaters will be lined up by class level and instructor before taking the ice. We will be using only one door (the main door) to enter the ice. This door will be marked Enter Only. The door on the west side of the rink will be the Exit Only door and will be marked as such.
- Please be ON TIME! We ask that skaters arrive approximately 15 minutes before the start of class (but not earlier) to get skates on and get ready. Arriving late disrupts the entire class, especially when we have to work within the parameters of the current safety measures.
- Skaters are permitted to exit the ice to use the restrooms, if necessary, during class, but please refrain from congregating in the lobby/socializing, per facility rules.
Please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com with any questions you may have.